Wednesday 29 August 2012

Project-10 Modified Dio , Security System for vehicles (Gspeed Enforcer)


The main reason for me to do this project Gspeed was that, I was incapable of carrying around something small without losing it one way or the other. In this case, I used to consistently lose the keys to my Honda Dio scooter which led me to making a bunch of duplicate keys for it. Even though, these keys would work fine, I began to think about what someone can do if they obtained the keys to my scooter. Well, obviously being from where I am that sounds no good, so I designed this fail proof or a fool proof system for security while simultaneously serving other uses as well.

So, the system is a security enforcer. Here, I have developed a pass code based access system to my scooter. So, basically only a person who knows this ‘n’ digit pass code may have access to it. Hence even though if any guy possessing my key tries to jack my scooter he will not be able to use it without my pass code combination. The system also allows the user to change the pass code on the spot whenever he/she desires via a custom user interface provided by me, in case if the user feels insecure about his pass code combination. Here, unless the person enters the correct pass code combination he/she will not be able to access any of the features of the scooter. Even kick starting the engine will not work without the pass code combination. When the correct pass code is entered the engine immediately starts automatically while simultaneously granting access to all the other vehicular features as well.  Here is a picture showing the custom keypad and the system activation switch: 

Here, the pass code has to be entered via this keypad provided on the scooter’s dash, whereas the system activation switch is the red missile switch to the right above it. To safely enforce the device, the missile switch cover has to be merely shut down after use.
The system, I designed works by first switching on the system ON switch and then inputting the ‘n’ digit pass code combination and then pressing the key ‘A’ to enter it. To change the pass code, the user simply has to enter ‘B’ and then enter the present pass code, if that is right then the user may enter his new pass code and then press ‘A’ to save it. The visual feedback of this process is seen via a LCD screen mounted on the scooter as you shall see in the working demo video below.





The system as soon as it is activated then leads on to the GPS speedometer aka Gspeed user interface that is the same GPS based speedometer I had developed for my scooter earlier as explained and portrayed in project no: 2 in this blog. It has the following functions:  Present speed, lap time, surrounding temperature, latitude and longitude coordinates, fuel level, date, time, and other vehicular information like registered number, etc.
The system I designed consists of hardware components like an ATMega328 microcontroller with a custom designed PCB incorporating relays, GPS modules, temperature sensors, high current voltage regulators, character LCD’s , keypad, ON/OFF switch etc. The hardware is all tucked away neatly inside a 4X4 inch plastic black box inside the front cover of the scooter as shown below:



 
The applications and advantages of the project include:
1. Firstly, it does not allow any guy who thinks he can steal my Dio using a key that I lost hehe.
2. The system is a full proof protector; it won’t allow functioning without the correct pass code.
3. Allows spontaneous pass code changing options.
4. Does not require use of keys for access, a keyless operating system.
5. Allows a user to safely park his vehicle without having the tension of anyone trying to hack it using a duplicate key or other methods.
6. Provides GPS based speed data and a bunch of other data from other sensors.
7. Sleek and stylish design even looks cool.
Finally, the working demo video:

21 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not yet, have to make a custom mould for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi
    Security belongs to yourself.
    just go to your home alarm system Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey bro ...thnks ya ...awesome video ...and gadget on the dio ....pretty cool...and i am very interested on putting it on my activa as well....
    Help me out ya ..in this ....and please let me know where can i install it ...as i live in mumbai ....thnks :D
    Please kindly let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, I haven't commercialized the system yet, and I am from Cochin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for another informative site. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal way like this post.This post is really nice one.
    Custom gps solution | Fuel monitoring online

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I want to buy this project with slight modification. I need a system which powers a door latch secured with password. Is this modification can be done on this project. Kindly let me the cost and other requirements

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice blog.Thanks for sharing this information.Shree tyres is one of the best tyre dealers in Wagholi.For more details,contact Shree Tyres.

    ReplyDelete
  9. its awesome ..... i need dis ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. m frm chennai can u pls make it foh me ... is dis released huh..??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Useful information shared. I am very happy to read this article. Thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk through. I appreciate this post.

    Access Control Services

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cloud-enabled system also works with remote storage protocols. Smarter alarm systems

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Sanjeev I would like to know this passcode system are available to buy..

    ReplyDelete
  14. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article.
    Security Systems

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent blog that you have shared. Please provide more details about it. Thanks.
    Honda activa showroom in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for giving informtion
    "Sanjary Academy provides excellent training for Piping design course. Best Piping Design Training Institute in Hyderabad,
    Telangana. We have offer professional Engineering Course like Piping Design Course,QA / QC Course,document Controller
    course,pressure Vessel Design Course, Welding Inspector Course, Quality Management Course, #Safety officer course."
    Piping Design Course in India­
    Piping Design Course in Hyderabad
    QA / QC Course
    QA / QC Course in india
    QA / QC Course in Hyderabad
    Document Controller course
    Pressure Vessel Design Course
    Welding Inspector Course
    Quality Management Course
    Quality Management Course in india
    Safety officer course

    ReplyDelete